Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ghost Post II

I was going to make the title of this post something related to the awesome asiago cheese I am currently stuffing in my mouth, but decided to be a little more profesh and save such things for the body of the piece.
The second Ghost Light After Party happened, y'all. Robyn O'Neill didn't come. Let's just get that said early on. (She promises to attend again in the near future-- she was apparently "in trouble.....")
Hopefully all of you and many, many, MANY of your friends will be attending the next Ghost Light After Party- which is this upcoming Sunday, March 4th. Oh hold on- March Forth. Cause it's the only date that's also a command. And apparently human beings only happened upon this knowledge two or three years ago.
Word has it that somehow, this upcoming Ghost Light After Party will be related to "marching forth." And I'll tell you honestly, I have no idea what Matthew Shofner and Margaret Roop have up their sleeves in this case. All I know is March 4th is my dad's birthday so I will be arriving at the Ghost Light After Party full of steak and derision for blond waitresses and having just sung about being a Russian lingerie salesgirl.
That's right. I love meat and lingerie.
That- shockingly- proves to be a lovely segue: a lovely and talented cast featuring such luminaries (hah- I totally used "luminaries" while writing about theater) as Georgia Rogers Farmer, Russell Rowland, Billy Christopher Maupin and Brittany Simmons and directed by Deejay Gray will be performing a workshop rendition of the new musical "Hearts Online" on Sunday night at 8:00 at the Firehouse Theatre. I wish I could tell you what it's about, but I haven't actually read it yet. I've been very busy on the couch upstairs in the Firehouse reading "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"- loaned to me by the dashing and kind Adam Dorland (he knows Maggie) and drinking stolen Diet Coke. Thanks, Carol!
But this particular reading promises to sound amazing and be good for a chuckle and a half. Whilst semi-marking through her big ballad the other night, Brittany Simmons gave such a performance that, when finished, an ovation issued from downstairs that was nigh on deafening. Which was especially impressive since it had been clear to all of us upon passing through the lobby that the majority of the people populating the downstairs area were deaf. Go Brittany.
Word has it (read: my director told me) that the cast of "Hearts Online" will be popping into the Ghost Light After Party once their performance is completed. So there will be some sanging y'all.
Oh yeah- also Joe Inscoe. Something like that. (Adoration for him. Who's with me? Oh right- EVERYONE'S with me.)
I'm glad I've remembered to do this post, because now I can wash what appears to be a bone deep bloody wound reading "Ghostpost" off my left forearm. (I found a red sharpie at the theater.)
In the biggest news so far- one Joseph Aaron "Regis is my bitch" Papa will be making an appearance. I know I'm excited about that.
Also- and she will slaughter (very kindly, but nonethless, slaughter) me for saying so, but the lovely and multi-talented Anna Hewett will also be in attendance. And who knows which delectable skills she will showcase.
There, now I've gone and made the Ghost Light sound like a stripper bar.
I hope Durron shows up again. Also Ali Thibodeau-- who just recently started fresh on facebook, so congrats for that! If Chase Kniffen comes again, I will be wanting to hear a song.
Perhaps newly minted uncle (to niece Karhorn Romelle or something) Jason Marks will make another appearance. Upon demanding a mad lib last time, he was presented with the challenge of "Tomorrow" mad lib style. Went off with upwards of a dozen hitches- which, mad lib style- is to say, perfectly.
All in all, the Ghost Light (whether Super Bowl related or otherwise) has proven to be a swell dandy tickety-boo time once again. I don't doubt that it will surpass its previous success with this newest installment. And Svetlana Honaker will be there. And for a teaser- so might her brother.
See you all there. ROBYN.

No comments:

Post a Comment